Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Decentralizers Forum!  

Page 4 / 4

Larry Sanger
Admin
Topic starter
(@admin)

Everyone—sorry, but it somehow, I really have no idea how, a bunch of accounts on this WordPress site were deleted.

That is why you see "Anonymous" so much, above. I'm very sorry...please re-create your account! You should be able to do so. One person complained (understandably) and we determined that his account is simply gone, period.

Is there anyone good at WordPress who might have insight into why these accounts disappeared?

Larry Sanger
Admin
Topic starter
(@admin)
I did change a setting to the "User Spam Remover" plugin, which might have had something to do with it. I switched the possibly-suspect setting back, so hopefully this fixes the issue.

Please let me know if you spot any further problem of the sort.

Calthaer
(@calthaer)

I'm not anyone special, I suppose - just someone who fears for the future in the wake of the first week or two of 2021. A mob storming the Capitol Building doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the wholesale censorship enacted by Google, Twitter, Facebook, Apple, and Amazon. I'm left wondering what practical steps I can take, as a user, to diminish my use of their tools. I use Facebook and Google, not Twitter...haven't dealt with Apple for years, and like most people buy things from Amazon. Just uninstalled Chrome and started using Firefox, I think I'll cancel my Facebook account - but it's a nice venue to keep in touch with people. Nobody I know is on MeWe; church is even broadcast on Facebook in these times of COVID. What are the solutions, the alternatives? How can we destroy the influence these juggernauts exercise over the web? What other tools out there are as easy-to-use? Where else can I buy digital books, if not from Amazon? I don't have answers but I'm hoping I'll find some solutions here or elsewhere.

Page 4 / 4
Share: