Forum

How do we keep our ...

Notifications
Clear all

How do we keep our Republic as the founders envisioned?  

Mutchler
Topic starter
(@mutchler)
Eminent Member

I truly believe that at least 80% of the US population agrees with the conservative point of view on 80-90% of the issues.  Assuming people will listen to each other.  But the problem is most people don’t know who or what to believe.  Fake news?  Fact checkers we don’t trust?  But, and it’s a BIG But, what if we could trust what we hear?  I actually have an idea that could lead to our representatives doing what we believe in and doing what is best for our country.  Maybe now is the time we can do this!

13 Replies
MAPennell
(@mapennell)

1 We need vetting for all candidate qualifications to run for office and disqualify any political party that puts forward an ineligible candidate. 

2 Our children should be required to take civics and the Constitution every year from first grade through twelfth grade.

3 Legislation should be scrutinized for constitutionality before it becomes law.

4 Kamala Harris is ineligible to serve as Vice president and/or President. If she did not naturalize; she is not even a U.S. citizen and is ineligible to serve as a U.S. senator. Kamala Harris is ineligible.

5. The 14th Amendment does not give citizenship to any child born on U.S. soil to alien parents. The often-used phrase relied on is (Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof) The authors of the 14th Amendment defined the meaning of (Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof) and published it in the Congressional Globe which later was renamed The Congressional Record. 

6 (Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof) means complete political allegiance. 14th Amendment author's definition of Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof

Senator Lyman Trumbull, Sen. Jacob Howard author of Citizenship Clause, and Senator John Bingham

4 Replies
Mutchler
(@mutchler)

Eminent Member

@mapennell other than the constitution, I don’t like anybody (other then voters) deciding who’s eligible!  Also my plan doesn’t even require the politicians approval.

MAPennell
(@mapennell)

@mutchler Note: The 14th Amendment also protects citizens only vote and citizens only census.

The problem is politicians who either don't know the protections afforded citizens by the Constitution or ignore it, and a citizenry ignorant of the Constitution and Bill Of Rights.

Mutchler
(@mutchler)

Eminent Member

@mapennell 

Mutchler
(@mutchler)

Eminent Member

@mapennell that I why my plan doesn’t require political involvement.

https://larrysanger.org/community/postid/141/

MAPennell
(@mapennell)

Members of Congress who vote with the Constitution are doing what is expected of them.

Congressional Scorecard - Freedom First Society

2 Replies
Mutchler
(@mutchler)

Eminent Member

@mapennell voting with the constitution is what most (if not all) conservatives want.  Does your representative always vote the way you want?  80% of the time?  50% of the time.  Does a leftist want who they vote for to vote the constitution?  Probably not.  How often do they vote their way?  My plan allows you to vote for someone that will vote the way they promised 80-90-100% of the time.  Depending on who you vote for.

What I’m saying is 80-90% of the population will agree on 90% of the issues if we could talk them out.  So it’s up to all of us to select our representatives that fits our belief system.  I have over 10 years of that plan in my head and it will take some time to let it out.

MAPennell
(@mapennell)

@mutchler The site for years also included the percentage of times a politician voted for laws that were constitutional. Someone must have made a lot of noise because that information is not displayed now.

308code
(@308code)

Get rid of the gerrymandering.  This allows for politicians to stay in office for way to long as well as incentivizing them to be more and more radical to keep their cherry picked districts happy.

2 Replies
Mutchler
(@mutchler)

Eminent Member

@308code only if we vote them back in!  Do you remember what they promised the first time you voted them in?  Did they keep their promises and vote that way?  My plan will remind you of the % of time they voted what they promised.

308code
(@308code)

@mutchler I still think that the easiest politically achievable method would be to remove gerrymandering.  With this one move politicians (most, that is) would no longer be in safe districts.  They would no longer have only extreme left and extreme right voters.  Therefore their positions would have to become less extreme.  Also, their likelihood of being life long politicians would greatly decrease.

seriouscoderone
(@seriouscoderone)

Unfortunately I think it is too late. We need to work now to know how to rebuild once things fall apart. 

Decentralized Blockchian technology will be incredibly valuable tools for a new society

Joel Skousen is a constitutional fundamentalist, and he has proposed a "new constitution" for rebuilding a new Free America.

https://joelskousen.com/philosophy

See the "New Constitutional Proposal"

1 Reply
Mutchler
(@mutchler)

Eminent Member

@seriouscoderone personally I think the Constitution we currently have is pretty darn good!  No matter what constitution we have, we have to follow it!  And that is our current problem.

Share: